Retired Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney wants to be very serious and harsh about profiling. He wants to strip search all 18-28 year old Muslim men at the airport. This isn't "racial profiling" according to him. It's just "profiling."
Here are my random thoughts:
- We'll see more 29-year-old terrorists.
- We'll see more female terrorists.
- We'll see more exploding diapers on children.
- We'll see more terrorists wearing crosses around their necks.
- We won't see any of this because terrorists will pick new targets.
- Osama Bin Laden will do the next attack himself because he can fly without being strip searched.
- I'm not sure any new rules will stop a terrorist who is willing to die.
- Is it just me, or did McInerney seem a little bit aroused over his own plans?
- Somebody at FOX News didn't like this idea? Wow.
And I said this a few days ago, but it's worth repeating: this isn't security. It's a useless, knee-jerk reaction.
On a related note, another bloviating radio host wants to "scrutinize anybody with the name Abdul." What? She's not even on American Idol anymore. Leave her alone.