Monday, March 22, 2010

The Death Tweeter

Gawker has the scoop on one of the dummies who tweeted Obama death threats last night. His name is Jay Martin and he sounds apologetic and slightly less angry than he did yesterday. This is the part of the interview that stood out to me:
GAWKER: So you were speaking out of anger. What prompted your anger I'm guessing the health care vote?
JAY: Yes. And my beliefs on it from what I have researched.
Well, there's the problem. If you research online and only find garbage about death panels and Nazis, you're going to be angry... and misinformed.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I still don't get how making threats of violence is okay, no matter how angry you are.
Some "civilized" country we are.

Kristen said...

Yeah, threats of violence are not okay. I hope I didn't sound like I was excusing the threats, because I'm not. I'm waiting to find out what (if anything) happens to the various "death tweeters." The latest I just read about is vandals throwing bricks through the windows of Democratic party offices. That is also not okay, and not civilized.