Monday, June 02, 2008

Whitey

Rumors everywhere! I heard that the Republican party has a video of Michelle Obama talking about "whitey." Now, I haven't seen the video yet, and apparently nobody has seen it yet. But my experience tells me this: when a white person uses the "n word" it's a scandal. When a black person calls somebody "whitey" it's hilarious! Face it, that word simply doesn't elicit the same emotional response.

Maybe the video is a diatribe against all whiteys. I agree that could possibly be offensive. Maybe the video is a remark about one particular whitey... oh, I don't know who. Say Hillary Clinton maybe? That would offend a few people, but not me.

I predict the video won't be as stunning as some people are expecting, and then we'll get back to talking about the real issues. Ok, I'm just kidding about that last part.

No comments: