Monday, February 28, 2011

Gaddaffy Duck

I couldn't resist posting this picture of "Gaddaffy Duck." The first time I ever heard the lame pun was back in 1986 when "duck" was more of a... suggestion... to the safari suit clad dictator, since we were busy bombing his little kingdom all to hell at that time.

Now though, Gaddaffy Duck is more of a commentary on Muammar Gaddafi's mental state. The Libyan uprising began on February 15, followed by a bloody crackdown, and protesters still seem to have control of Tobruk, but somehow Gaddafi insists "all my people love me." And then he blames the uprising on al-Qaeda, which is either pure lunacy or a transparent plea for some American love.

Of course, I can't make any predictions about the ensuing civil war, or Gaddafi, or what will happen when he leaves (one way or another), or what the U.S. role should be in that,or...

Oh, look. Is that Charlie Sheen giving an interview on TV?

No comments: