Friday, May 23, 2008

RFK Remarks

I'm certainly not keeping a blow-by-blow blog of the election, but Hillary Clinton's bizarre statements today deserve a few comments.

When asked about why she continues to run despite the long odds of winning the nomination, she gave this strange reply:
My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.
So it seems many people are interpreting this as, "I'm going to stay in the race because something horrible will happen to Obama and then I'll get the nomination." First of all, I don't believe that's what she meant. She's way too smart to be so stupid, and I accept the explanation offered by her advisors -- Clinton was only saying that this is not the first primary to carry on into June.

Anyway, if she's counting on something bad happening to Obama, then she might as well drop out now and take it easy. If he's out of the race, she'll obviously get the nomination whether or not she's still campaigning.

Meanwhile, I've been giving some thought to who should be Obama's VP. I think it should be Clinton... I mean Bill Clinton.

No comments: