Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Barney and Friends

Barney Frank made my day today when he confronted this townhall shouter comparing President Obama to Hitler:


(YouTube video)

"Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table." Except, I would add, a dining room table would have the sense to keep its mouth shut.

I also would have told that young woman to march her under-educated ass down to a public library and do a little research on Adolph Hitler and the 11 million people his Nazi party systematically killed. And then tell me how the hell that is comparable to a program to provide health care to 46 million uninsured Americans. And then I'd ask her how she feels about the estimated 22,000 Americans who die each year due to lack of health care. I think her answer would reveal who exactly is thinking like a Nazi. It's certainly not Barney Frank or President Obama.

That girl didn't know who she was up against. I wish more Democrats were like Barney Frank. Or maybe I agree with Matt Taibbi who wishes more Democrats were like George W. Bush... at least in their ability to actually get things done. The Dems seems to be bargaining away real health care reform. Or maybe not. They now say they'll try to pass health care reform without Republican support. We really won't know until Congress reconvenes in September.

But I can't blame them if they give up on working with Republicans. They're embarrassing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.