Monday, March 17, 2008

I Seek Toothpaste

ICQ was the first internet wide instant messaging program. It was released in 1996, and the name ICQ was suppose to sound like "I seek you." The program interface was as cute as its name with little flowery graphics and funny sound affects. I still remember hearing "uh-oh" a thousand times a night as I was messaged by my friends... and also... lonely middle eastern men who never could explain why they wanted to talk to me.

Ok, now that I think about it, I really do not miss those days. The software interface became loaded down with too many so-called features and advertisements which cluttered the menus and ultimately made the program awkward to use. But now here comes a bit of news courtesy of Gizmodo. I never would have imagined this, but "The Israeli software company that developed the suite before it was purchased by AOL has just partnered with a big Israeli pharmacy company called CTS to release this ICQ toothpaste." So now at least my mysterious stalkers will have fresh breathe? Yay?

No comments: