Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Seven Dirty Words You Won't Be Fined For

"There are some people that aren't into all the words. There are some people who would have you not use certain words. Yeah, there are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven of them that you can't say on television." — George Carlin.

I wish Carlin was around to see this. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit in New York ruled on Tuesday that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's indecency policy is unconstitutionally vague and could create a chilling effect beyond "fleeting expletives" heard on broadcasts.

Well, flying fuck! At least Beavis and Butthead will be back on TV to exercise their First Amendment rights.

But for me, I tend to use "shit," "piss," "fuck," "cunt," "cocksucker," "motherfucker," and "tits" sparingly, though I've never really worried about offending anybody. And anyway, I have it on good authority that I write like William Shakespeare.

2 comments:

HolyJuan said...

I write like David Foster Wallace!

Who is he?

http://iwl.me/b/d7939cdb

Kristen said...

I think he killed himself.